Friday, June 21, 2013

Time Flies When You're...


The last year of my life has been filled with a bit of uncertainty.  A lot of changes that I wasn't ready for, or maybe wasn't totally prepared for, happened.  I've gone from living in a little cottage in a quiet little town where everyone was neighbors to existing in an apartment in the city where no one wants to know their neighbor.  I am getting older, I am poor, my health won't let me work.  It is very hard to get accustomed to.  And...I have been fighting it.  Sitting on the couch all day...crying over what has gone past in my life.  Regreting things I did and things I didn't do when I very well could have.

I miss my little cottage and the life I had when I was there.  I miss my dear friends and neighbors and the lovely times we all had together.  I wish I would have relished those times more.

I am saying this because I am sick of lamenting all of the above.  I am going to try to dig out of this mudhole and see if I can find myself again at 60 years old.  Maybe I can.  I must try.


Be merciful to me, Lord, for I am in distress; my eyes grow weak with sorrow, my soul and body with grief.
Psalm 31:9


1 comment:

  1. Hello, just wanted to let you know that my Olivia wrap dress pattern is complete and available as PDF in my Etsy shop here:
    https://www.etsy.com/listing/223487339/olivia-wrap-dress

    ReplyDelete