Saturday, August 28, 2010

A Simple Prayer

"Dear God, thank you for the beautiful day. Thank you for my mama and my friends. Help me be a good boy at school tomorrow. I love you. In Jesus Name, Amen." This is what I heard as my little 4 year old grandson said his prayers at bedtime last night. A simple prayer to be sure, but direct and exactly what his Father in Heaven wanted to hear.

Sometimes I go to bed praying that God will intervene and take care of all the tedious problems that are mine. And I struggle to remember everything that I need to remember to tell Him about, because you know..He really needs me to? No. He already knows. 

Sometimes I forget that the omnipotent God that rules all of creation really doesn't need every tiny detail.  After all, He's been with me the whole day long.  He knows what is going on in my life.  He just wants to hear me say, "Thank you for the beautiful day and give me opportunities to show Your Goodness through me. And forgive me today because I didn't look for the opportunity you tried to show me."  And the most important thing that He is waiting to hear..."I love You!"

"Devote yourselves to prayer, being watchful and thankful."
Colossians 4:2
"Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours." Mark 11:24

1 comment:

  1. Beautifully and completely written to capture the essence of our Father in Heaven.

    ReplyDelete